Extend the life of your roof's warranty!

In the Northeast, asphalt shingles, slate (old stone), and wooden shakes are popular. In the southern states cement tile, barrel tile, finished and unfinished mansard, wooden shakes, metal, and asphalt are used for roofing.

The majority of roofs in the southern states need to be cleaned every few years. Mold, mildew, algaue, moss, and lichens grow on these roofs. These contaminants leave blacks streaks or entire roofs completely covered with dirt and mold. These unwanted biological organisms and plants stain your roofs, increase the airconditioning bills, and contaminate your house and back yard with mold and related bioorganisms.

Unfortunately, the solutions to these ugly stained roofs across the nation are not very good. Pressure washing contractors use bleach or chlorine. The concentrations they use are very high 12-75%. Even at lower concentrations, this simply bleaches the dirt and kills many of the plants surrounding the object to be cleaned.

Here are some facts about bleach and chlorine usage:

  • Kills the plants and shrubs
  • Kills fish or marine life
  • Does not clean a roof-only bleaches the dirts
  • Acts as a fertilzer
  • Higher concerntrations of bleach take the color out of your roof
  • Only temporarily kills the mold as it comes right back
  • Repeated pressure washing with bleach damages the roof surface
  • Bleach also turns the cement into sand over repeated use
  • Delamine or degreaser based all purpose cleaning solutions soften asphalt shingles
  • Bleach or chlorine will rust all the metal parts on a house such as gutters
  • Bleach can't be used on wooden shakes or asphalt shingles
  • If it falls in vinyl siding, it will begin to deteriorate the siding and make it chalky

Our Soft Wash System & Process

Our System gives you an opportunity to clean and restore your roof to its original look. This is an LVLP (Low Pressure Low Volume) System which does the following:

  • The roof will look "like new"
  • The products we use are organic, non-toxic, environmentally safe, biodegradable, and USDA approved
  • Our system is safe for use around pets, chlidren, swimming pools, and plants
  • Our system will retard the regrowth of mold, algae, and mildew for 18 months to over 5 years

Check out some before and after photos of our work